What is the purpose of a brochure? What is the primary step to creating a brochure? Well, whether it is a b2b brochure or b2c, identifying the purpose and strategy of your brochure is the first step. The first and most crucial step is to decide on your brochure’s central objective and strategy. By taking the time to plan your brochure, you will avoid wasting time and money correcting your mistakes. This article is more focused on b2b brochure performance and communication. b2b or business-to-business communication requires in-depth planning and techniques, and it applies the marketing and sales strategies in the planning stage. b2b brochure performance is directly related to the central objective and strategy applied.
This B2B communication tool helps you grow your business. It is effective in making you known and introducing yourself to your target. It also allows you to stand out from other companies operating in the same industry.
The brochure is a formidable weapon for addressing professionals. It helps build relationships, seek opportunities and create a network.
Why brochure is an important b2b Communication collateral?
To implement your communication strategy, you need effective and impactful tools. Strategy B2B creates marketing tools such as brochures, flyers, catalogs, case studies and videos that will set you apart and allow you to achieve your goals.
A well-articulated clear, and precise B2B communication tool helps you grow your business. It is effective in making you known and introducing yourself to your target. It also allows you to stand out from other companies operating in the same industry.
The goals can be :
- Brochure to increase Visibility to your target audience
- Brochure to raise Awareness of your target audience
- Brochure to improve the marketing lead Generation
- It can be a booklet to support the Lead qualification
- Brochure as a helping aid for your sales manager while explaining the product information.
Well, most of the intent is to attract new leads, which is why the contact details of the sales team are displayed on each page. Brochures help make a first impression and educate your audience about your product, service, or organization.
Brochures are available on the website as a download, which can be measured with the number of reach, views, and downloads.
How do we measure brochure performance?
The consumption performance of a brochure from the website depends not only on how well your SEO is doing but also on the quality of the content, tags, keywords, and many more factors used in the brochure. There are specific metrics used in understanding the performance of a b2b brochure.
- Brochure Consumption Metrics:
- How many people are consuming your brochure content?
- How frequently and how in-depth is their brochure consumption?
- Which channels are they using to access your brochure?
2. Brochure Sharing Metrics:
- Which of your brochure pieces is being shared?
- Who is sharing which brochure?
- How/where are they sharing brochures?
- How often are brochures being shared?
3. Brochure – Lead Generation Metrics:
- How does the brochure support demand generation regarding lead generation and l
- How does it support the Lead qualification, Lead Nurturing and Lead Conversion to Sales?
How to achieve performance & ROI?
Let us look at the fundamental two questions to be answered?
To whom are you doing this brochure?
Are you doing this brochure for your company to present your services?
Are you doing this brochure for your ideal customer profile to solve their problems?
First look at the fundamentals:
Have you done the basic planning? Have researched on the customer profile, Design, Core elements & the call the action?
- Customer Profile: Build your customer profile and target persona. 25% of the brochure strategy is completed. Based on that language, tone, and value proposition are finalized.
- Design: Attractiveness, by focusing on the visual design appearance of the cover and interior pages. The interest of the reader, through the visual aspect, the titles, and the images used, covers 25%
- Core elements: Add PET elements – Persuasive, Emotional, and Trust building content – 25%
- Call to action theme: Build a theme for the reader/your ideal customer profile and a desire to connect with you. To push to action by encouraging readers to take an interest in the offering and to make an act of connecting with you or purchase online- 25%
All these four comprise a WOW experience for the downloader of the brochure. What is the call to action? Is it, an email or phone or fill-up the form, or any other mode of call to action that is measurable. This ensures your budget and effort for brochures are returned.
ROI for the Brochure
Once the brochure is launched, you can do an organic SEO push – time taking or promote it through online media for instant results. The cost metric is to determine the return on investment – ROI on the budget spent for the brochure and promoting it.
- What are your content marketing costs?
- What are the promotion costs
- What are your costs per piece?
- What is the per creative resource?
- What are the leads generated out of the brochure promotion?
- What is the revenue connected to the marketing content spent?
It is difficult to measure the ROI of a single marketing brochure. However, we can measure the overall spending on a marketing content for some time and the results. This ROI is why the design of a b2b brochure must aim to the desire to know better the company and its products and services and act upon to the next stage of the sales cycle.
It would be best if you had effective and impactful tools to implement your b2b communication strategy. Strategy, design, and content create practical marketing tools such as brochures, flyers, videos, case studies, and catalogs that will set you apart and allow you to achieve your goals. Brochure performance and communication. b2b performance is directly proportionate to it’s in-depth planning and techniques, a mix from the organizations’ marketing and sales strategies. The ultimate performance is directly related to the central objective and strategy applied, not just it’s attractive design or else, your brochure goes to the dustbin.